Installing old versions

Good day,

I am currently taking some courses that use OpenMC for their reactor simulations. The current version that they use is 0.13.3 and I am currently on 0.14.1 using conda. The results produced are somewhat different for the same simulation file. I have tried searching on how to install older versions of packages but it does not work. Is there an easy version to do it for OpenMC? Thanks in advance.

The OpenMC package on conda-forge has many versions available, including 0.13.3. Running conda install openmc=0.13.3 should work.

Should I do it directly after setting up a separate environment or do I still need to install mamba? I just tried running the code but I got error in the installation.

I honestly forget where things stand with respect to whether mamba is needed or not, but it’s definitely safe to use it in lieu of conda, so you can also try mamba install openmc=0.13.3.

I am still getting version 0.14.1 after using the mamba code you replied. I am having the following error.

It looks like you are using Python 3.12, and since that version of Python is so new, there are no packages for the older versions of OpenMC for it. You can create a new conda environment and specify an older version of python in addition to the desired version of OpenMC (conda create -n name-of-your-environment python=3.11 openmc=0.13.3).

Hello again, I entered the code that you mentioned and I got this error.

If you have mamba installed, try mamba instead of conda? (mamba create -n name-of-your-environment python=3.11 openmc=0.13.3)

I was not familiar with using mamba on its own, but when I tried mamba install python=3.11 openmc=0.13.3 under the conda env that I just created, similar to the instructions on the documentation website, it worked. The next issue that I got is when I run the env and run jupyter-lab, it still runs 0.14.1. I assume it is trying to use the source installation that I made, is there a way to remove openmc when installed through source?