Conda Installation Error

Hi all.
I have recently installed Miniconda from their official website and followed the steps of installation of OpenMC for Linux via the conda-forge channel.
conda config --add channels conda-forge
conda search openmc
Everything seemed to be working till creating the environments.
conda create -n openmc-env openmc.
When I enter above statement I get the following error, I would appreciate any kinds of help (I also tried to create an env without openmc and it works fine):

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on conda as I am practically new to it and still on a learning curve.

thank you for your time and effort :slight_smile:

Hi @cigdem and welcome to the community! There is currently an issue with one of OpenMC’s dependencies that is causing this. We’re in the middle of figuring out exactly the issue is and hope to have it resolved shortly. I’ll post here again once the conda install should be working again.

@paulromano thank you so much for your quick reply. May I ask your recommendation on installing? Should I install with Docker or from source? to be honest installing from source seemed a bit complicated for me, I am almost new to everything that has been mentioned on the list of installation :slight_smile:
-thank you for your time and effort

We’re still working out this issue but in the meantime we’ve identified a workaround. If you use mamba (which is a reimplementation of conda itself that is much faster), installing OpenMC appears to work fine. So, if you have an existing conda install, the following should work:

conda install mamba -n base -c conda-forge
mamba create -n openmc-env -c conda-forge openmc
3 Likes

@paulromano thank you so much for your help I have managed to install and run :slight_smile:

1 Like