Openmc installation using mamba

Hi I am new to this group.
So I was trying to install openmc using mamba. But I am getting the following error “openmc does not exist” after: mamba create -n openmc-env -c conda-forge openmc.
Kindly help me solving the issue.

It looks like your architecture is arm64, meaning you’re using a machine with Apple Silicon (M1 or M2). Unfortunately our conda-forge package does not currently have support for Apple Silicon. It is possible to use the x86_64 package on Apple Silicon though: see here or here.

Hello,

I’ve mangaed to successfully install OpenMC on my macOS M2 chip (please refer to the attached screenshot). I used the ‘conda install’ method and downloaded

osx-64/openmc-0.13.3-dagmc_mpi_openmpi_py311h50392e1_100.conda 

(link here) using the file path name to install it. However, I’m encountering an issue with openmc.deplete and other packages. Can you please provide guidance on how to resolve this?

Here is a screenshot showing that importing OpenMC works:

Thank you

New users can only attach one screenshot… so I also attached another one here showing openmc.deplete doesn’t work:

Once again, please refer to the links I posted above. If you want to use x86_64 packages on an M1/M2, you may have to run your terminal using Rosetta.

Hi there, I’ve been having the same problem as other people and think I’ve found a satisfactory workaround that’s easier than digging through the excellent pieces you linked:

CONDA_SUBDIR=osx-64 conda create -n openmc-env python
conda activate openmc-env
python -c "import platform;print(platform.machine())"
conda config --env --set subdir osx-64
conda install mamba
mamba install openmc=0.13.3

This just creates a conda environment that emulates an x86_64 architecture. Could be issues with backcompatability but I just wanted to download and test openmc so should be fine for basic usage.