OpenMC version 0.8.0

Hi all,

The OpenMC development team is proud to announce the release of a new version, 0.8.0. Once again, there are an array of exciting new features, including:

• Multi-group mode
  • Vast improvements to the Python API
  • Experimental windowed multiple capability
  • Periodic boundary conditions
  • Expanded source sampling options
  • Distributed materials
  • Subcritical multiplication support
  • Improved method for reproducible URR table sampling
  • Refactor of continuous-energy reaction data structures
  • Improved documentation and new Jupyter notebooks
    For this release, I’d like to emphasize that the Python API really has changed quite a bit since the last release. If you’re new to the Python API or were using it from version 0.7.1, I highly suggest referring to our Jupyter notebook examples for proper usage.

I’d like to thank Will Boyd, Colin Josey, Kelly Rowland, Adam Nelson, Sam Shaner, Sterling Harper, and especially first-time contributors Jingang Liang and Derek Gaston for their contributions to this release. The source code can be downloaded at https://github.com/mit-crpg/openmc/releases or the master branch on the GitHub Repository.

Best regards,
Paul

Heartiest congratulations to the development team. I being a faithful user of OpenMC would like to thank all of you. Thank you very much for all the effort which goes into making a release possible. Keep up the good work. You guys rock.

I find a familiar old friend name in first-time contributors list: Jingang Liang.
Congratulation!