Source file don't exist in setting.xml

From my previous topic here, Dr.Paul had implemented a python class to generate a source file for fix source simulation in my problem. Now, I have a source file that composes of neutron properties including r(x,y,z),u(x,y,z), E, wgt, delay_group, and particle ID. For now, the running works fine until finished, but when I look in setting.xml the name of the source file didn’t exist, so I have tried to follow this forum again the “<Signals.SIGSEGv: 11>” error has occurred.

ads.py (6.9 KB)
sourcefile.h5

And also I have checked with openmc-vtk in Paraview to view the neutron path that transport, it shows that neutrons only scatter in the target cell region even the coordinate in my source file is far from the target diameter. I don’t know is it because my source didn’t show in setting.xml or not? Could you please have a look at my code?

below here is the neutron path that I have track.

Thank you in advance,
thanapong

1 Like

@billytnp In the script you attached, it looks like you have settings.export_to_xml() commented out. I’m not sure if that is the source of the problem or if it’s something else. Also, the source file you attached doesn’t appear to be valid anymore. I’ve changed the forum settings so you should be able to attach a .h5 file directly now.

Dear @paulromano,

I’ve tried to fix my script and executed it, but this error appeared

In fact, my source file is not surface source type. It made from FLUKA which all of neutrons are coming from spallation process which have different direction and position, so it’s not rely on a surface.
Could this be the problem of this error? and Is it necessary to define surf_id on my problem?

I would double check the energies of your source particles. The error you are seeing can happen if you have particles that are outside the range of energies at which cross sections are available. Considering you are modeling a spallation process, perhaps your neutrons have too high an energy?