Segmentation fault at beginning of fixed source simulationi

I need to run fixed source simulation for a spent fuel cask but the simulation stops at run time with segmentation fault. No traceback is detected when I run with re-compiled OpenMC in debug mode. Someone please take a look at the model to see what’s wrong with it.
As a new user, can’t upload attachment, please let me know the best way to upload geometry.xml file content.
P.S. it’s a long file and its content exceeds the limit here.

Thanks,
Bamidele

@Bamsdee first off, welcome to the community! After taking a look at your inputs (thanks for sending them my way), it looks like your geometry has an infinite recursion, namely:

• Top level universe contains cell 8
  • Cell 8 is filled with universe 1111
  • Universe 1111 contains cell 917
  • Cell 917 is filled with lattice 6666
  • Lattice 6666 has universe 1111 specified as its outer universe

Thanks @paulromano for this information. I will modify the geometry to remove this infinite recursion and try to re-run the simulation.

@paulromano I tried to remove the infinite recursion but it seem difficult right now. could you give one or two ideas as to how you would remove the infinite recursion?
Without outer universe for lattices such as ‘6666’, another error of particle lost is encountered.

@Bamsdee I’m not sure what exactly to suggest. The main issue is that whatever lattice 6666 uses for its outer universe cannot itself contain lattice 6666.

If you’re running into lost particle issues, I would suggest having a look at our troubleshoot guide on geometry issues.