OpenMC 0.10 burnup calculations

is the latest version of openmc (0.10) capable of performing burnup calculations?

The latest release is not capable of performing burnup calculations. However, the next release will indeed include such a feature (it is already part of our developmental branch).

Best regards,
Paul

Hi,

May i know when the next release will be released?

We don’t have a hard date right now. The next release will also include photon transport which has been pretty well validated at this point, but the depletion capability hasn’t received enough testing to give us complete confidence in it. My best guess for a future release is winter or spring 2019. If there are other features you are interested in seeing in the future, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Since OpenMC can’t perform burnup calculation right now, is there any open source program that can be linked to OpenMC so I can use the output as the input to perform burnup calculation?

Thanks,
Kristina

Hi Kristina,

While there have been a few papers in the literature discussing external programs that have been coupled to OpenMC for depletion, I am not aware of any that are open source or that have been formally released.

Best regards,
Paul