Temperature Data Missing

Hello all. In some runs I’m going through are giving me errors that Boron specifically doesn’t have data at or near 950 K and kills the run. Is there an additional library set we can add into our directory that fills in the high temperature cases we’d like to run? I’m still very new to this code and not sure what kind of range in temperature OpenMC currently supports in its libraries but we’re looking at maximums of 1500 K for our runs and getting issues with multiple temperatures. Can anyone steer me in the right direction here?

Hi @rherner,

The ENDF datasets located here Official Data Libraries | OpenMC have data for Boron ranging from 250 K to 2500 K. I’d recommend trying one of those.

To use those datasets effectively for your problem, make sure to take a look at the section in the documentation on temperature settings: 3. Settings Specification – settings.xml — OpenMC Documentation.

Let us know if you run into any issues setting up OpenMC to use that dataset.

-Patrick

We were able to find the issue, it was a temperature definition issue with setting the available temperature ranges to our materials data. Thank you for the support