Question about depletion function

Hi, I am trying to use openmc.depletion to do some depletion calculation. Does anyone have some examples for this function? Really appreciate it !

You can find an example here:
https://github.com/openmc-dev/openmc/tree/develop/examples/python/pincell_depletion

Note that the depletion functionality is still under development and has not been validated yet. That being said, if you run into any issues, please let the development team know.

Best regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot! I will learn the function from the examples and do some calculation. I will let the development team know if there’s any issues when i run it.

Kind regards,
Zhongming Zhang

在 2018年8月28日星期二 UTC+1下午10:04:20,Paul Romano写道:

Hi Paul,

I typed 'import openmc.deplete ’ at the first and then i got an error said: ’ ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘openmc.deplete’ '. Is that means i’m using an old version openmc? Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Zhongming Zhang

在 2018年8月28日星期二 UTC+1下午10:04:20,Paul Romano写道:

Hi Zhongming,

The depletion capability only exists in our developmental branch and has not been part of any release yet. As such, you will need to install OpenMC from source and make sure the Python API gets installed correctly.

Best,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your guidance. I will take a try.

Best regards,
Zhongming Zhang

Hi, Paul,

I think i have installed openmc from source with the help of the instruction on the website. However, when I try to use the jupyter notebook to run your example, it still shows “ No module named openmc.deplete”.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Zhongming Zhang