Problem with modeling detector's shield

Hello! I try to make model like this:
Where red cylinder - source.
detector.py (3.8 KB)
In CSV-files I have distribution for angle and energy.
And when I try to make it? I have these errors:
====================> K EIGENVALUE SIMULATION <====================

Bat./Gen. k Average k
========= ======== ====================
WARNING: After particle 4 crossed surface 2 it could not be located in any cell
and it did not leak.
WARNING: After particle 10002 crossed surface 7 it could not be located in any
cell and it did not leak.
WARNING: After particle 5002 crossed surface 2 it could not be located in any
cell and it did not leak.
ERROR: Did not sample any reaction for nuclide C0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/home/ilya/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/openmc/executor.py”, line 276, in run
_run(args, output, cwd)
File “/home/ilya/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/openmc/executor.py”, line 116, in _run
raise RuntimeError(error_msg)
RuntimeError: Did not sample any reaction for nuclide C0

I don’t understand why, cause i check my geometry in openmc-plotter. I try to find some voids, but I haven’t it.

With Regards

@Ilyavitte When I plot your geometry in openmc-plotter and turn on overlap checks, I get the following:

The regions in red indicate that two or more cells overlap in those regions. You should check your geometry definition to eliminate any overlaps. Also, if I run OpenMC in geometry debugging mode (openmc -g), I get similar information:

ERROR: Overlapping cells detected: 5, 1 on universe 1

Thank you for your answer and information about these two functions, i don’t know about it before. They are very useful

detector.py (6.3 KB)

I try to make this angle distribution for my source (it should be cylinder), bur it doesn’t work like in picture (i try to get it in openmc-plotter). How i can make it in openmc?

@Ilyavitte Not sure if you ever figured out your angular distribution. Taking a look at your script, it looks like the issue is the range of mu and phi. The range of mu should be in [-1, 1] whereas phi should be in [0, 2π]. In your script, mu appears to have values outside of [-1, 1].