problem in compiling OpenMC-0.5.4 with Petsc

Dear all,

I have the following problem:

I want to try something in the version 0.5.4 which uses Petsc. However I have a problem in compiling using Petsc.
More specifically,

• I have specified gnu compiler
  • I have specified the path of mpif90
  • As path of the petsc I give the path of the petsc directory
  • petsc-3.4.4 is used.

The error that I receive is:

vector_header.F90:6.6:

use petscvec
Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘petscvec.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make: *** [vector_header.o] Error 1

Could anyone help?

Best regards,

Antonios

Antonios,

At this point version 0.5.4 is quite old. Version 0.6.0 adopted CMake for the build system, and with version 0.7.0 the dependence on PETSc was dropped altogether, i.e. using CMFD no longer requires PETSc. That being said, if updating to a newer version is not an option, the problem is that the proper include directory does not appear to be passed to the compiler. In the Makefile, you’ll see a variable called PETSC_DIR which should be set to the root directory of your PETSc installation. You’ll want to make sure that from the PETSc root directory, there is an include/ subdirectory which contains a file petscvec.mod Fortran module file. Please also note that PETSc must be compiled with the same compiler you are using to compile OpenMC.

Best regards,
Paul

Thank you Paul.

Do you know what was the Petsc current version when you released the version 0.5.4 of OpenMC?

Best regards,
Antonios

Τη Τρίτη, 17 Νοεμβρίου 2015 - 2:12:56 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης antonis έγραψε:

I believe at the time the current version was 3.4.x. There were some later changes in version 0.6.2 so that PETSc 3.5 would work as well.

Best,
Paul