OSError: statepoint file has a version of 18.1 which is not consistent with the version expected by OpenMC, 17

Hello everyone, this is watermelon. I am a newbee to OpenMC, and I want to use OpenMC to calculate the 2D-C5G7 to benchmark my codes.

I use the Ubuntu 20.04, GCC9.4, and the OpenMC is correctly installed (maybe). I copy the commands from Multigroup Mode Part I: Introduction — OpenMC Documentation. And I supplement the c5g7.h5 file from openmc-notebooks/c5g7.h5 at main · openmc-dev/openmc-notebooks (github.com).

All the commands of jupyter notebook is copied to a python file, which is named as “c5g7.py” by myself.

When I run the command : $ python3 c5g7.py . An error is occured as
OSError: statepoint file has a version of 18.1 which is not consistent with the version expected by OpenMC, 17”.

How I can correct this error? Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you.

Hi @watermelon,

My best guess is that the OpenMC executable is not in sync with the Python API for your installation of OpenMC. Specifically, I’m thinking that the executable is older and producing a version 17 statepoint file, but the Python API has been updated and is only compatible with version 18.1 statepoint files. Have you updated your OpenMC version recently?

Best,
Patrick
Patrick

1 Like

Thank you sir, i will try to check out the version of python and OpenMC.