OpenMC crashing on Mac (<Signals.SIGILL: 4>)

Hi!

I am experiencing crashes when running openmc with openmc.run(). It runs through my batches and then crashes with CalledProcessError: Command ‘openmc’ died with <Signals.SIGILL: 4>. as seen in the pictures. It creates statepoint-files and geometries etc, but seems to crash just before presenting the summary of the run.

I can’t seem to plot the geometry using openmc.plot_inline(PLOT) either. This also gives the Signals.SIGILL: 4 error. See picture. The plots are however created in my files and I get good looking .ppm geometry-plots, but they won’t seem to plot inline in my JupyterLab.

Have tried several versions, and reinstalled openmc without any changes. I am currently running version 0.11.0-dev.

Does anyone know what to do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Julian Vevik

The function openmc.plot_inline(PLOT) works only, I think, in a jupyter notebook (or lab) or in QtConsole. Using jupyter lab is extremely convenient so I would give that a go. For the other problem: a new version v0.11.0 (note not dev) with depletion etc. was recently released. Could help make the installation a bit easier as you can install everything through conda. I would try that first! My guess is that it OpenMC is trying to use a python version installed at another location, had a similar issue myself.

Sindre

torsdag 10. oktober 2019 19.21.59 UTC+2 skrev Julian Vevik følgende:

Hi!

Yeah, I am using Jupyter Lab, but I think the plotting error was caused by the same problem as when running openmc.run().

I ended up getting everything working correctly now with version 0.11.0. I had to uninstall and install again using pip, because I think my previous installation was done using pip3 which seems to point to a different folder, so it seems like you were correct in that openmc were trying to use a different python installation. And I also used the cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME**/.local …** call when installing this time, but unsure if that really made any difference.

Thank you!

Julian

søndag 13. oktober 2019 12.01.02 UTC+2 skrev Sindre Kaald følgende: