Error when installing OpenMC

I want to installing OpenMC on ubuntu 18.04, I followed the steps in " Installing from Source on Linux or Mac OS X",when it came to command “make”, there was something wrong
“[ 98%] Built target fmt
[ 98%] Built target faddeeva
[ 98%] Built target libopenmc
[ 98%] Linking CXX executable bin/openmc
/home/dhb/miniconda3/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/9.3.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /home/dhb/miniconda3/lib/libgomp.so: undefined reference to clock_getres@GLIBC_2.17' /home/dhb/miniconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /home/dhb/miniconda3/lib/libgomp.so: undefined reference to aligned_alloc@GLIBC_2.16’
/home/dhb/miniconda3/bin/…/lib/gcc/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/9.3.0/…/…/…/…/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /home/dhb/miniconda3/lib/libgomp.so: undefined reference to clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.17' /home/dhb/miniconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /home/dhb/miniconda3/lib/libgomp.so: undefined reference to secure_getenv@GLIBC_2.17’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/openmc.dir/build.make:107: recipe for target ‘bin/openmc’ failed
make[2]: *** [bin/openmc] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:69: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/openmc.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/openmc.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2”
I don’t know how to deal with it. I’ll be appreciate with your advice. Thanks a lot. :wink:

@HRY This might be some kind of conflict between the compiler you’re using (from conda) and the system glibc? If possible, you may want to just use the apt package for g++ instead of using compilers installed by conda.