Error when creating a universe with an array of cells

Im creating a fuel rod, and the temperature and fuel composition varies axially up the fuel rod. I’ve wrote a program which slices the fuel rod up and gives each slice a specific fuel composition and temperature using an array of fuel materials and temperatures respectively. The function creates the slice with the given temperature and fuel and adds it to an array of cells for the required number of cells.

The array of cells is as expected, each individual slice cell can be plotted and is shown exactly as expected, and if the cells were put together based off of the plots it would produce the full rod as required.

However, when I create a universe and set the cells to be the cells array, only the first slice shows up and not the other ones, even though the others are definitely in the array.

I’ve run into this problem before when cells are touching (but not overlapping) in openMC and was wondering if there was a solution to this problem or a work around.

Thanks in advance.

@ryani42 Could you add a picture or two of the behavior you are seeing? I’m not sure what’s happening, but I will say that it is expected that cells should be touching (i.e., share a surface) so that particles can transport between them when they cross a surface.

Thanks for your response.

So I have my program create 10 slices of the fuel rod, each slice is stored in an array.
If I plot a universe containing only the zeroth slice the plot output is:

If I then create a universe with only the first slice the plot output is:

So my logic is that if you create a universe whos cells are these 2 cells, the output would be those 2 cells put together, however when the zeroth and first cell are in a universe together the output is:

Which is just the first one. Which is obviously not as expected. Just to clarify the universe in the third plot definitely contains the 2 cells and not just the first.

I am unsure why this is happening? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you want the code to accompany it.