conda-forge and Python 3.7

Hey all,

I’m setting up a fresh install of OpenMC based on Anaconda for remote use in a short course on OpenMC. I’d tested everything on a slightly older version of Anaconda (Python 3.6.7), but the install seems to be broken for the latest version of Anaconda (with Python 3.7). I didn’t find a quick fix yet, but I’ll keep looking. If there is one, I’m happy to hear.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

What happens when you try to install on 3.7? We do have our test suite setup to run on 3.7 through Travis CI, so from that perspective things should “work”.

Best,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Somehow, the Python module is not being completely installed. For example, conda list shows it, but pip freeze does not. We discovered it when trying to execute openmc-get-nndc-data as part of the fresh install. I noticed that a folder named 3.6 is still in the package directory—maybe that’s a part of the issue?

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

So the issue you were probably running into before was that there was no build of OpenMC for Python 3.7. I just merged an update in our conda-forge feedstock that includes a rebuild for Python 3.7, so hopefully it should be available now if you want to try again. My guess is that before, you were still picking up an installation from Python 3.6 somehow. Let me know if you’re still having issues.

Best,
Paul