Voxel to Silo Conversion

Hello,

Just trying to get to grips with OpenMC but I am having some problems with converting the .voxel files to the Silo format as described in the User Guide.

“These datafiles can be processed into 3D SILO files using the voxel.py utility provided with the OpenMC source, and subsequently viewed with a 3D viewer such as VISIT or Paraview.”

It might be me being a bit backward but I cannot find the voxel.py utility, has it been removed from the distribution?

Thank you,

Richard

Hi Richard,

What version of OpenMC are you using? We did recently restructure many of the scripts, such as voxel.py. In the develop branch (and in the next release), it can be found in scripts/openmc-voxel-to-silovtk.

Best regards,
Paul

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I am using version 0.6.2 - I am guess that this is the dev build.

Is it worth downloading the previous release version instead?

Richard

If you downloaded a tarball from github, you probably have the 0.6.2 release. If you used git directly, you probably have the developmental branch. In the former, voxel.py can be found at src/utils. In the latter, look for scripts/openmc-voxel-to-silovtk. Let me know if you’re still unable to find it.

Best,
Paul