Using JEFF 2.2 cross sections

Hi All,

I am developing a burnup code that I couple with OpenMC and I am now comparing isotopic density results with benchmarks. There are some discrepancies for certain nuclides and I suspect that it might be caused by the fact that OpenMC uses JEFF3.2 to produce one-group effective cross sections while the benchmarks use older libraries (JEFF2.2, ENDF/B-VI). To be certain that this is the root cause of the discrepancies, I would like to have OpenMC use JEFF2.2 to produce one-group effective cross sections.

Is this possible? Alternatively, I could modify the hdf5 file of the corresponding nuclides and reactions but I am not sure if it is recommended and easy to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Julien

Hi Julien,

I’m trying to generate a library with JEF2.2 data but I’m running into problems with NJOY processing some of these files. I’ll let you know if I get a full library built that you can use.

Best regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for that. While it’s not urgent, I think it would indeed be useful to be able to use older libraries with OpenMC. The majority of burnup calculation benchmarks have been done with older libraries.

Julien

Hi Paul, Do you still have JEFF2.2 data available?? i need it . There isn’t any in the official website.
-Imtiaj

@imtiaj_hossain No, unfortunately I don’t think I was ever able to successfully build a JEFF 2.2 library.