Problem with chain file using OpenMC through Docker

Hello, I am using OpenMC through Docker and I type the codes in Mac Terminal. I have successfully ran codes that calculate the keff of a reactor configuration. However, when I try to get the chain file to make depletion calculations I encounter an error because it can not load the chain file. The error can be seen in the picture. Can somebody help me find a solution to this problem?

This looks like the code can’t find that chain file at the filepath / filename specified.

There are some chain files that can be downloaded from here or a few I made over here

What should I type after downloading an appropriate chain file?

From the error log it looks like you have a line in the code that says

Chain = openmc.deplete.Chain.from_xml(‘./chain_simple.xml’)

You can try replacing the chain l_simple.xml with the name of the XML chain file downloaded

I tried it, however I still encounter the same error. Is there something else I could do?

Hello Shimwell, I have fixed successfully fixed the problem. I downloaded one of the chain files you suggested and then I made a copy of that file to the Docker image in which I run the program. Then I specified the fuel volume and ran the program in the Docker image Terminal (instead of Mac Terminal) and the program successfully made the depletion calculations. Thank you for the files you suggested, they were pretty useful!

1 Like