Problem on tally the total nuclear heating

Hi all,
I was performing the proposed example, CAD-based magnetic confinement fusion (Tokamak) using Paramak and I noticed an oddity.
Preface: I did not modify the script and I did not change the cross sections.

Running the script the results are:
_ TBR = 0.42
_ Heating of 16.45110774967452 MeV per source particle is deposited.
This heating value corresponds to a source of 4.11 MeV and not 14.08 MeV as it is defined.

Now, Inserting in the script ‘2_run_openmc_dagmc_simulation.py’ the following change: my_source.particle = 'photon'.

The results obtained are:
_ TBR = 0 (and this is correct since photons are simulated)
_ Heating of 56.31 MeV per source particle is deposited.
This second result is also correct since it corresponds to a source of 14.08 MeV.
Why the difference in results?
It seems that the program is able to consider all interactions with photons, while losing some with neutrons.
Thanks for attention!
Kind regards,
Davide

I don’t quite understand part of the question, could you rephrase this part please or explain the 4.11 part

“This heating value corresponds to a source of 4.11 MeV and not 14.08 MeV as it is defined.”

Of course! Using the heating tally, I expect to find as a result of heating_cell_tally.mean.sum() a value close to 14.08 MeV since the leakage fraction is 0.05. Instead, the value I find is 4.11 MeV.
I cannot understand this.
(This part is found in the script: 3_extract_results.py).
Thank you for your attention.

Thanks Davide, on the line above you wrote that you get
"
_ Heating of 16.45110774967452 MeV per source particle is deposited.
"
So I’m not sure where the 4,11MeV came from

Heating of 16.45 MeV per source particle is deposited, is the value that the program prints.
It is obtained by multiplying 4.11 MeV times 4.
The fact that I do not understand is: why simulating in 1/4 reactor, with neutrons you get a value of 4.11 MeV while simulating in the same one only photons you get 14.08 MeV (which is the value entered in the source).