__linux=5.15.146.1=0
__unix=0=0
(PySide6.version) 6.7.0
(PySide6.QtCore.version) 6.7.0
from PyQt6 import QtCore 6.7.0
from PyQt5 import QtCore 5.15.8
numpy.version.version 1.26.4
matplotlib 3.8.4

openmc-plotter was working using the XCB plugin: QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb openmc-plotter openmc-user/fuelpin
I am using the openmc example fuelpin, as my test input file. The fuelpin input works under Anaconda-Navigator.
In an effort to try to use the wayland-egl plugin, I installed the qt6-wayland package from conda.
Since openmc-plotter was not recognizing the wayland-egl plugin, I uninstalled and reinstalled openmc-plotter.

Now when I try to run openmc-plotter on the fuelpin files, I see a brief display of the OpenMC Plotte GUI splash page, the openmc files are opened and processed, and then I get this error:
Reading tallies XML file…
Preparing distributed cell instances…
Reading plot XML file…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/bin/openmc-plotter”, line 10, in
sys.exit(main())
^^^^^^
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/openmc_plotter/main.py”, line 32, in main
run_app(args)
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/openmc_plotter/main.py”, line 73, in run_app
mainWindow.loadGui(use_settings_pkl=user_args.ignore_settings)
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/openmc_plotter/main_window.py”, line 99, in loadGui
self.restoreWindowSettings()
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/openmc_plotter/main_window.py”, line 1072, in restoreWindowSettings
self.restoreState(settings.value(“mainWindow/State”))
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/openmc_plotter/docks.py”, line 311, in resizeEvent
self.main_window.resizeEvent(event)
File “/home/rlavera/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/openmc_plotter/main_window.py”, line 1158, in resizeEvent
if self.shortcutOverlay.isVisible():
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘MainWindow’ object has no attribute ‘shortcutOverlay’

Your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron LaVera

Thanks

Ron

hi, I’m having the exact same issue did you ever find a solution ?

I am experiencing similar problems.
I does not seems to be linked to a specific operating system (WSL Vs Native Ubuntu)
openmc-plotter is working smoothly on my account but crashes on a more recent install of a student (on the same machine).

On a WSL machine, I am getting

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin “wayland” in “”
and eventually
AttributeError: ‘MainWindow’ object has no attribute ‘shortcutOverlay’
I could not find a way to fix this.

The problem seems to have started appearing when openmc-plotter was distributed via conda
however using pip makes no difference. Thus it could also be linked to the openmc-plotter version.

Solution can be found in post

(Openmc-plotter aborts on launch, AttributeError: 'MainWindow' object has no attribute 'shortcutOverlay')