Modification to StatePoint Tally Values

I’m trying to adjust the units for the flux in one of my models so that I can use the openmc-plotter GUI with appropriate units (n/cm^2*s). I can successfully change the units as described in 8. Specifying Tallies — OpenMC Documentation, however, I can’t figure out how I can bring this back into a StatePoint file format to visualize in openmc-plotter. Ideally, I could update the current tally values with the modified values, however openmc doesn’t allow changes to the StatePoint.tallies attribute, so I can’t simply update the tallies in the StatePoint file.

Has anyone had any experience with this, or have any advice on alternative methods?

Thanks!

Noah

I suggest you develop a custom Python script, taking advantage if the current Python API. The script needs to load the data, modify, then update the data in the statepoint. The last step may not be implemented in the API, so you would need to familiarize yourself with the Python-HDF5 module functions to implement the statepoint file update.

The API doesn’t support uploading the data back into the statepoint, so I have been using the HDF5 module as you said. Thanks!