Math domain error in openmc_plot

Hi all,

I am trying to visualize a geometry via a xml file but I am receiving math domain error. I have made changes to best of my understanding but I can not locate the problem. I would appreciate some assistance.

Attached is the screenshot of the error

Would you be able to upload the xml file and i can take a look.

Thanks

Hello Dr. Shimwell,

Please find the attached file.
geometry.xml (31.8 KB)

Also,
what is the correct syntax for the usage of class methods, in this instance class method from_geometry in openmc.Plot()? Are the variables for Plot still necessary or would it take default values?
another class method example would be the class method from_xml in openmc.Geometry()

Thank you

Looks like a bug in openmc_geometry_plot which I think is fixed now. If possible could you install the new version and try again please. Apologies for the bug

pip install openmc_geometry_plot==0.4.3
openmc_geometry_plot

openmc was unable to automatically find a bounding box for the geometry so it does need the axis values manually changing to zoom in a bit from the default 2000 values

1 Like

Dr Shimwell,

Thank you for the solution. I was able to get the plotter working but any changes made in the axis values aborts the link. Also, I was curious if you saw my syntax question in the previous message.

I’ve not seen that error and can’t seam to reproduce it over here. I’m running openmc develop branch if that helps.

I tried it on the develop branch and 0.14 and 0.13.3 versions as well, but the problem has persisted. Is there a way I could assign the axis values from somewhere inside the code?