keff for all particles

hello…

i want values of keff for all particles, as i wanna produce a graph of keff vs number of source particles.

i am new to python , python API, and openmc.

i have gone through the openmc.model.Mode and openmc.search_for_keff.
i do not know whether i have to get statepoint file for each batches( or more) to get all Keffs or is there any other method.,.

thank you in advance…

Hi Sachin,

I’ve created an example notebook that shows how you can plot keff as a function of the number of particles per generation. The example uses a prebuilt model from the openmc.examples package.

Note that search_for_keff is intended for doing a criticality search, i.e., finding the value of a certain parameter (radius of a fuel pin, for example) that will result in a keff of 1.

Best,
Paul

thank you for the quick reply…

i ll try the things and get back with the results…

regards
sachin

i run the example successfully. it helped me to solve similar problems. thank you…

another help i want is:

1. in openmc.statepoint we can get k_combined ,k_col_abs,
    like this can i get Keff estimated only by collision estimator (there is no option i found like k_collision)??
    or
    Do i have to tally the whole 6 factor formula by collision estimator and use it to get k_collision…!!!

(as it prints in display like k-effective (collision), i think there may be a option that i do not know.,.,.,.,.,.or else i include a print statement in sourcecode for it)!!!

the questions i ask may not be correct .,.

waitng for suggestions …

thank you

sachin

i found out the k_collision which is in openmc.statepoint.global_tallies

thank you…

sachin shet

Good to hear! Good luck with the rest of your analysis!

Thank you Adam Nelson