How to use external source file in fixed source calculation?

Dear Openmc members,

I am trying to run openmc in fixed source calculation mode with an external source file which I have corrected the format as inform here already, but the error occurred openmc died with <Signals.SIGSEGv: 11>. Have anyone got this error the same as me? and how to solve this problem?

Here are my .py and my source file
fixed_source-ADS_problems.py (6.8 KB)
external source

Thank you.

1 Like

@Pattarapol The link for the external source file looks like it’s expired. Can you attach it directly here? (.h5 files should be allowed now)

@paulromano Thank you for your reply. I still can’t upload the file here.
Here is my external source file
External Source

The internal format used for source sites recently changed (there is now a surf_id attribute that is used for surface source reading/writing). I’m not sure how you are creating the ADS source file, but if you are using openmc.write_source_file, you should make sure that you use that function from the same version of OpenMC that is used to eventually read the source file.

Either way, running into a segfault is not ideal behavior. I’m working on adding a check on the source file format to ensure that it matches what OpenMC expects. If it doesn’t match, an error message explaining what is wrong with it will be displayed.