Group-wise cross-sections calculation for scattering or other reactions

Hi Everyone…
I want to ask that whether OpenMC have capability to calculate group-wise reaction cross-sections ( scattering , fission, etc.) and output the reaction cross-sections?
If Yes then kindly tell me what commands are needed in tallies file.
Thanks in anticipation.
Mirza Younis Baig

Mirza,

We do have an “openmc.mgxs” Python module to calculate group-wise reaction cross sections. You can find the documentation here are on our website. In particular, you might begin by referencing the MGXS Part I: Introduction link under the subsection entitled “Example Jupyter Notebooks” at the bottom of the page.

Best,

Will

Thanks Will,
But how I can use these commands of python in openMC? If someone do not know how to work with python then is there other method?
Mirza Younis Baig

If you are unfamiliar with Python, you can find a few resources on the website to help you get started. There are many other resources on the web which you may use to learn some basic Python as well. Our example “Jupyter Notebooks” walk you through line-by-line of the Python code showing you how to setup a calculation with our Python API, and they do not assume an advanced proficiency with Python.

Hi Will,
Thanks for your suggestions. I am working on it and hope to get this task accomplished.
Regards,
Mirza Younis Baig