cross sections config in openmc v0.8

Hello every one ,
due to slow response in VM with Ubuntu I’m using Linux bash in windows . It works all well and setup openmc on it , but as always I had problem in configure cross section and I noticed many change form the other version that im using in VM , im using MCNP6 cross sections so i went to
openmc/scripts/ openmc-convert-openmc71-data path of mcnp6 cross section file and i get file inside scripts called mcnp_endfb71 within this file i found cross_sections.xml when i add this file path into cross sections tag in materials.xml i get an error that file doesn’t exist so any help please
Thanks

Hi Ahmed,

Are you sure you’re using version 0.8? The openmc-convert-mcnp71-data script only works for our newer HDF5 cross section format which is used in our next version (0.9) rather than ACE files. If you’re using version 0.8, this script won’t help you. Below is a link to a cross_sections.xml file that I set up to work with the MCNP 6.1 cross sections that should work for version 0.8 (you’ll need to change the path in in that file).

https://anl.box.com/s/kkots6xs7pdhov23zm4bdgstyx3c56it

If you’re using a newer version of OpenMC (from the developmental branch), then you should be able to use the HDF5 cross sections (and cross_sections.xml file) that are produced by the openmc-convert-mcnp71-data script. If this is the case, please send the error message you’re receiving and I can try to help further.

Best regards,
Paul