Axial Power distribution of a detailed SFR

Hello! I’ve constructed a hexagonal assembly core model like that SFR example, and I’ve tallied the power distribution of each assembly using DistribCell filter, and have found the hottest assembly, but how can I tally the axial power distribution of one of the assemblies? I didn’t see any filter could divide the cell into many floors.

Hi, I think a mesh filter using a 3D mesh will do the job. Just specify how many “floors” or mesh cells you need in the z-direction.

Best,
Miriam

Thanks for your reply Miriam!

I was thinking about using meshfilter at first, while couldn’t find a proper build-in mesh generator (like regular mesh) fit a hexagonal assembly.

Must I use unstructured mesh?

Thanks!

I think you can use rectangular mesh to cover the whole geometry. There will be some places which is outside of your actual geometry. But because of that, there will be no flux or fission occuring, so it wont effect your calculation i guess.

There isn’t a hexagonal mesh, but you can get creative with how you will hone in on the exact area you nee using a rectangular mesh as suggested by imtiaj_hossain. I don’t have any experience with unstructured mesh, so I can’t comment on that.

Thank you very much for your explanation, It was great help!

That was useful advice, thanks for your patience!

Maybe you have to divide the hexagonal into several cell instance.So your geometry will be rebuild.Then you can use cellfilter

This method is also feasible, while kinda troublesome I think. I will use this method if there is no other easier way. Thanks a lot!